Brad's Worlds

Monday, June 20, 2005

What a weekend.

Free Hit Counters
Ugg Boot

I had a long weekend. I took off Friday and went to a car show in Arkansas with my dad. I'd been saving up for months to buy a cool car. I had a pretty good idea about what I wanted. I'd been looking on ebay at different models. We got to the show early but it was raining. I thought that this would be bad. As we got closer to the show, I saw cars parked on the side of the road up to a mile from the car show. Luckily, my dad and I got a great parking spot. As I began to look at all of the vintage vehicles, I noticed that I was drooling. Cars ranged in prices from $500 to $69,000.
We trudged through the mud for a long time. I found every car and truck under the sun but none of the models I was looking for. After hours upon hours of walking looking at several hundred cars in the rain, my dad and I decided to get something to eat. Hamburger, fried, and a coke.....$10.50???? So after the ass-raping for food, dad decided that his legs had had enough and said he was gonna sit in the truck for a little while. What's this??? The rain is stopping. Oh yeah. Keep in mind that cars come in and leave constantly all weekend so everytime you walk through, you see something different.
On my third round, I see the front end of what I think is the car I've been looking for. I already had a price that I was willing to pay. I look at the car and talk to the owner. It's well within what I was expecting to pay. I talk to him a little while and he gives me an even better price. I have to get dad. He's gotta see this. As soon as he sees it, his mouth drops open. He inspects the car and he's further impressed. When I tell him the price, he said it looked better than anything I'd been considering. He said I should go for it. I'm, by no means, an impulse shopper. I said I had to think about it. I check ebay to see if the price is high or low. Turns out, it's lower than ebay. Oh yeah. I sleep on it and can't find a reason not to buy.
The next day, my family went on a canoe trip down the Buffalo river. I get on my cell phone and from the middle of nowhere in a canoe, I buy a car. That's a first. After I relax from buying a car from a canoe, I see people cliff jumping. I watch for a while, to see how dangerous it is. After deciding that risk is my middle name, I decide to go for it. Oh how fun. After paddling for 7 hours, our fun canoe trip was over. My arms hurt. I'm such a wuss. But, I'm a wuss with a cool car.







2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jane Q Doe said...

so, ass rapage only costs $10.50 up in arkansas these days, huh?

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Crazy B said...

Yes. A good ass rapin' costs atleast $20 here in Louisiana.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home