Brad's Worlds

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

What a week this is turning into.

Free Hit Counters
Ugg Boot

Wow! I just realized I've had over 10,000 hits on my site. If everyone that visited me gave me a dollar, I'd almost be a millionaire. Well a thousandaire. Other than that, this week is screwed up.

I had to buy a new bass guitar for my band. My other one was just worn out. After hours of searching only to find bass guitars that only had gig bags to go with them, which is gay, I finally find a good feeling bass and Surprise, it has a hard shell case. No offense gay people. bitches. The only thing is the bass was fretless. I figured, this will rock. I don't know if you've ever played a fretless bass before but it's a whole new experience. It did rock but was completely differnent than playing a fretted bass. After playing this bass for several hours with my band saturday night, I realized that a fretless bass wasn't for me. Monday morning I call the String Shop where I bought it and uneasily explained my situation. "No problem" they said. Bring it back and we'll find something you like better. I returned it explaining that I loved everything about the bass except the fretless neck. They didn't have that model with a fretted neck so they said, "why don't we order you one?". Wow!!! That's what I call a good guitar store. So now I'm gonna pimp them. I even added their phone number to my cell phone. Never know when that could come in handy. So if you're ever in need of any kind of musical instrument, book, case, shirt, or anything of that nature, contact The String Shop,
858 Benton Rd
Bossier City, LA 71111-3744 View Map
(318) 746-6417. See for yourself.

Then I got home. That went worse than desired. But that's another story, another time, another place.

I woke up, got ready for work, nothing spectacular there. I got to work to find the 18 wheeler I was expecting this morning already there and waiting. I opened the store but what's this? No power? Oh man.... Then, we unload my shipment of approx. 40 packages. The truck driver brought the packages to the back of the trailer and his wife checked them off as me and my boss brought them into our showroom. We get almost done and she says there should be two cabinets still on the trailer but the truck driver couldn't find them. Remember that I have to sign for everything received and if I sign for it, it's my responsibility if one is missing. I explain this to the drivers wife and assure her that it's nothing against her. Finally she sees my point. After looking at what she had checked off, I notice that she had no idea what she was doing. I went through each piece and found one missing cabinet. It's not too large. Only 3 feet wide, 2 feet deep, and 7 feet tall. It shouldn't be too hard to spot. Then I notice the shocked looks on both the driver and his wifes faces. "We dropped that cabinet off in Houma". Houma is about 5 hours south of here. I asked why they dropped it off there and they said that they thought it was mislabeled. Mislabeled? That's when they said that this was their first load for our company. Immediately I understood. They tried to blame the company where they left our cabinet saying that they signed for it. After talking to Houma and finding out that they are a brand new company and this was their first order, I began to see the light. As it turns out, the truck driver and his wife decided to drive back 10 hours out of their way to correct the problem, holding the other 14 deliveries up. And we all know time is money.

And my boss noticed a strange car parked in the woods behind our shop. Probably some hanky-panky going on there. What a crazy day. There's more but I won't bore you and frankly it's none of your business. hahahahahahaha.

1 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger Penny said...

And this is only Tuesday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home