Brad's Worlds

Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm Going To Scotland


Free Web Site Counter

Free Counter

Working on a second degree in college in history, I looked into several study abroad programs for the summer. None of them offered any classes I needed towards graduation. Finally, I decided just to take an awesome vacation. I heard about a trip to Scotland through my college, NSU, and thought that would be a lot of fun. The professor over the trip, Dr. Woods, figured out a way that, with my advisor's permission, I could use this towards my graduation. Dr. Hare, my advisor, at first didn't think the trip to be worthy of a history class but came up with a way for me to earn the credit. I would have to agree to read 5 books on the history of Scotland, of which he had to approve, write 5 essays on the books, write a 20-25 page history of Scotland, all within the 5 weeks before the trip. Whew!!! I have to make a journal of the trip and turn that in also with pictures. It's a lot of work but it will definitely be worth it.


You may think, wow! That's a lot of work! Well, When I make to Scotland I will have a good understanding of the history and can better enjoy the trip.

3 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooooooo jealous!

Penny

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too!

Mitsy

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Nicole Sullivan-Penney said...

I'm jealous, but soooo excited for you. I think you are going to have a great time. Enjoy the culture and savor every moment. It sounds like "fun" work though. Keep this updated. Otherwise, Mitsy, Penny, and I will have to put the hurtin on ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home